+33(0)6 13 60 72 55
The privileged location of the Maison Carrée offers exceptional leisure activities for your greatest pleasure
Mr Gilles ARNAUD, owner of the house, is a guide. He will welcome you with attention in his domain and will be able to inform you on the hiking routes as well as on the curiosities to be visited in the area.
In addition to the swimming pool, you can enjoy the proximity of the river.
The Cèze river, located 800 meters from the house, offers you a lovely stretch of water for pleasant swimming.
The natural sand and pebble beaches, with their gentle slopes, allow very young children to access a pool with a low water leveles.
A large, deeper pool with a few rocks to jump off of will delight youngsters and adults alike.
Allow yourself these precious moments of relaxation.
The Guinguette is a summer restaurant located on the banks of the river.
It offers food, drinks and ice cream.
It is equipped with games for children and a natural petanque area to complete the delicious moments of idleness.
(Tél : +33(0)4-66-24-03-54)
Canoeing at a glance:
The Cèze is also a beautiful canoe trip on courses of 4 or 8 km accessible to young children. Here a few small rapids decorate the course in a luxuriant nature populated by herons, egrets and kingfishers. Along the way you can take time to swim and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
You can practice canoeing on other nearby rivers such as the Ardèche or Chassezac gorges and of course the Gardon gorges with the arrival under the majestic Pont du Gard.
– On the Cèze 4 or 8 km for a half day. 16 km for a day. Departure at 5 minutes from the house.
– On the Ardèche 8 or 13 km for half a day. 24 and 32 km for a day. 32 and 37 km in 2 days with bivouac. Departure at 25 minutes from the house.
– On the Chassezac 7 or 10 km for half a day. Departure at 40 minutes from the house.
– On the Gardon 8 km for half a day in all seasons. 12, 20, 30 km only in spring. Departure at 50 minutes from the house.
Other water-related activities
Fishing enthusiasts will find carp, perch, roach, pike and even trout on the high Cévennes rivers. For an introduction to fishing, the natural fish farm of Arlinde offers its ponds for first catches with your children.
The search for gold flakes: The Cèze is a gold-bearing river that will give you a fever. Its alluvium contains flakes. In half a day you can practice sifting with the Chinese hat. From 6 years old.
At the gates of the Cévennes National Park, three sets of landscapes stretch from the plain to the mountains.
– The limestone plateaus are cut by deep gorges enveloped by a wild Mediterranean forest. One of the most grandiose, the Gorges de l’Ardèche, offers routes through the heart of the nature reserve. Even in summer the routes are practicable, offering shade and swimming.
On the plateaus of the Garrigues nestle numerous villages of character clinging to the steep slopes. They conceal many curiosities, dolmens, an exceptional menhir, avens, caves and chasms, giant potholes, medieval castles.
– The Cévennes are mountains with narrow and lost valleys, covered with chestnut trees, dotted with a few hamlets, mas with roofs silvered by the slate roofs. The Cévennes divide the rivers between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean. They define a strong climatic contrast, Mediterranean on our side and oceanic on the other.
– The Mont Lozère massif is made of granite. It is the raw material for the robust architecture of the farms and the source of the curious chaos of boulders with sometimes unusual shapes that dot its slopes. To walk on Mont Lozère is to cross an open, bucolic, round landscape, like a reminder of the steppes of Mongolia.
Cultural and historical excursion
– Restitution area of the Chauvet/Pont-d’Arc cave
– Aven d’Orgnac and its Prehistoric City
– La Cocalière cave; accessible to all, exceptional geology and mineral forms, return by small train.
– La Salamandre cave
– Castles of the Middle Ages
– The pont du Gard
– The arena of Nîmes
– Dolmens And menhirs
– Museums of prehistory
– Villages of Provencal character
– Uzès and its duchy
– Regional markets rich in local products: wines, pelardons, olive oils, honeys, organic vegetables
– The grandiose gorges of the Ardèche.
From the two links below you can access the tourist office’s heritage and tour guides
You can discover speleology or go canyoning or challenge the void by practising the via ferrata. You will be equipped for each of these activities with the appropriate equipment and the experienced guides of the region will make sure you have a great time.
+33(0)6 13 60 72 55